Church of Santa Gema (5)The church of Santa Gema is the work of the architect Manuel Ambros Escanellas in the middle of the 24th century. On Leizarán street number 3 next to the Plaza de Santa Gema. The works began on March 1949, 14. Since the 1959s, the pilgrimage to the saint has been established on the XNUMXth of each month. In XNUMX, the architect Joaquín Núñez Mesa, begins to build the Residence and Convent of the Passionist Fathers. More than two decades later, the temple becomes famous because the heart of Santa Gema, arrived from Rome in 1985, is venerated there. The relic is a small silver sculpture of the saint, made by Talleres Granda, inside which Find the heart of the saint.

Even today, the pilgrimage of faithful is celebrated, on the 14th of each month, who go to venerate the relic of the saint canonized by Pope Pius XII in St. Peter's Basilica, on May 2, 1940. It is extremely curious that maintain these deep-rooted traditions, at a time when it would seem that they are already outdated.

A abrazo.