Cross the Alps by bike from Salzburg to Grado (Italy)
From the great heights of the Alps to the Adriatic Sea. An inter-cultural journey from the impressive mountainous region of the Alps to the Italian coast with its typical Mediterranean vibe.
In eight days, you will cover around 375 kilometres, mainly on well paved cycle paths and quiet secondary roads. With daily stages of 55 to 75km you will have more than enough time to relax and enjoy yourself. There will also be two days with a long train transfer, so you can give your body (and bike 😉 a real break.
This route combines everything: culture, nature and an active way of travelling. You’ll start from the city of Mozart riding south through the wetlands towards Hallein. You pass through the romantic Gasteiner valley and the Hohen Tauern massif, which will offer you a variety of places of great natural and historical interest. Do not forget to visit the Gasteiner waterfall, an impressive phenomenon and an inspiration for many poets and artists.
The route continues along the banks of the Möll River and winds through the most spectacular alpine landscapes. Arriving in the city of Villach, you’ll sure find its ambience of bars and outstanding restaurants makes it hard to leave!
From there you will continue through the Italian region of Friuli, with its unspoilt nature and extensive forests. Finally, you will arrive to Grado, the picturesque Italian fishing village.
Enjoy a glass of good Italian wine and a well-deserved pizza on a terrace in one of its historic streets!
|8 days / 7 nights
|All types of bicycles
|From April - September
|Your hotel in Salzburg
|3* and 4* hotels
PRICES - EU-01
*two people in double room occupancy
- Accommodation and breakfast in 3* - 4* hotels
- Welcome briefing (German, English)
- Luggage transfer
- EUROBIKE developed route
- Detailed travel documents 1x per room (German, English)
- 1 train ride Böckstein – Mallnitz incl. your bike
- 1 train ride Villach – Tarvis incl. your bike
- App for Navigation and GPS-data available
- Service hotline
- Flights or any other means of transport to the start
- Bicycle rental
- Return transfer to Salzburgo
OPTIONAL EXTRAS (not included)
- Return transfer to Salzburg every Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday morning
- Rental (e)bike
RECOMMENDATIONS – What to bring?
- Casual comfortable cycling clothes
- Sunglasses and gloves
- Rain jacket
- Small daypack
- A small first aid kit (with mosquito repellent!)
INFO & BOOKINGS
Contact us if you’d like to make a reservation or if you require further information.
Please fill out the form and we will get back to you ASAP.